Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Psalm 86:11-13

Psalm 86:11-13

Teach me your ways, O Lord, that I may live according to your truth ! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you. With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever,
for your love for me is very great. You have rescued me from the depths of death. This prayer within a prayer captures a glimpse of vibrant spiritual vitality.

Two requests are made :"teach me your ways" and "grant me purity of heart". Each request has a God centered purpose : that the person praying would "live according to your truth" and "honor you".

No matter how well we know and follow God, we can always ask Him to increase our awareness and improve our obedience. Jesus echoed one of these requests in the sixth beatitude, "God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God"(Matthew 5:8)

Commit this prayer to memory & use it often to draw nearer to the Lord. Father we thank you again today for your Living Word. We come to you this day in humble prayer and ask for more and more of you in our lives. We love you Lord and we long to draw near to you. Wrap us in your love and write your Word on our hearts we pray, In Jesus Name, Amen...God Bless You !

No comments: