Friday, October 19, 2007

We want a Formula- God wants a Relationship

NOTE:= How is your relationship with God today?

Read this short extract: and think about your relationship!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Want a Formula--God Wants a Relationship

Do you want to know the secret of knowing the will of God?

Here it is: in everything you do, know God. But we all want a formula. “I don’t like that. Give me a formula. Give me three steps.”

Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us that the secret is a relationship with God.

Let’s talk about Joe, who has been dating Shirley for nine months. When he picks her up for their Friday night date, she asks the logical question: “Where are we going tonight?” “I don’t know. I want to take you someplace you like. I wish you would give me a three-step formula so I could know where you really want to go on Friday nights.” How would Shirley feel? Angry, upset, frustrated. “How is it that we’ve been dating every week for nine months and you don’t know what I like and don’t like? Where have you been all this time?” She has a right to be angry.

We want to reduce our relationship with God to a formula.

God says, “Know Me. Spend time with Me. Put Me first in every area of your life because when you do that I will take care of all those details.”

This is a revolutionary way of looking at life.

No comments: